Squad Registration Regulations...
Issue 44 - 15th August 2019
1. Player Eligibility and Registrations...
- Players must be under the respective age on 1st September of the relevant season.
- Over-aged players are not permitted... and must not be selected.
- The Age Grade Review Refers...
- Managers and Coaches have a Duty of Care to ensure they do not field over-aged players.
- Managers and Coaches are warned they are likely to be held vicariously liable should litigation occur involving an injury caused by any over-aged player they field. Precedent; Mountfield v Newlands School.
- U16 and U17 Players are permitted to play-up two age grades provided they are assessed as capable by a Level 2 Coach in line with RFU Regulation 15, and provided their Parents' or Guardian's permission has been obtained.
- Under 17’s playing-up in an Under 18's Team can play in the Front Row.
- Under 16’s playing-up in an Under 17's Team can play in the Front Row.
- Under 16's playing-up two age grades at U18's must not play in the Front Row.
- Under 15's may only play up one age grade and must therefore not be selected to play in any Colts Team; Per RFU Regulation 15.3.5.
- Players must only play for one Colts Team each weekend.
- Players must be Paid-Up Members of their Club.
- Players must be registered with the RFU through your Club Registrar.
- Players without an RFU Young Player Registration Number and I/D Card must not be selected to play.
- Managers are reminded of RFU Regulation 15.15.1 - all Age Grade Players must be registered with the RFU within 45 days of them joining the Club.
- Adding a player to your Club Membership list does NOT register them as a young player with the RFU; this has to be done on the RFU Young Player Registration System.
- Players registered only as a Senior Player are ineligible to play Colts Rugby - they MUST also be registered as Young Players with the RFU.
- Dual Registrations (Senior & Young Player) can be arranged with the RFU Registrations Officer.
- In Combined Teams from more than one Club players should remain registered with their original Club which must be identified on the Combined Team's Squad Registration Form.
- Managers must be in possession of RFU I/D Cards (or sheet of cards) for every player they intend to field.
- Photo's on RFU I/D Cards must be updated at U17.
- RFU I/D Cards must be available for inspection between Teams before each game.
- RFU I/D Cards must be checked in line with RFU Guidelines at least 30 minutes before Kick Off.
- Teams failing to make their RFU I/D Cards available for checking will be subject to severe censure; to include a 2 point sanction. Offenders may also forfeit the game.
- The Colts League Player Registration Deadline is 28th February.
- Teams with low numbers may be permitted a special extension to the Player Registration Deadline on application to their League Secretary.
- Teams MUST register All Players on their Squad Registration Form.
- Initially SquadRegForms must be submitted by the Entry Deadline.
- SquadRegForms must be submitted by eMail.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
- DO NOT send by post or to any other eMail address.
- Managers must keep a copy of their SquadRegForm to add new players to. Note SquadReg Reg1.12 below.
- New / Additional Players can be added to the SquadReg Form at any stage of the season; before the registration deadline.
- New Players should be added to the SquadRegForm which should then be eMailed to the League.
- Updated SquadRegForms must be submitted before a Player can be fielded.
- New or Returning Players must not play in any Colts League match until they are properly registered.
- Unregistered Players must not be selected to play.
- Colts Players of the correct age who have played for a Club at Junior and Colts levels may continue to play for their Colts Team when they are registered to play Senior Rugby with another Club; provided they are still a paid-up member, are still registered as a Young Player with their Colts Team's Club, and are not overplayed.
- Such Dual-Club registrations MUST be arranged with the RFU Registrations Officer.
- Transfer of Players from other Clubs is permitted although Managers & Coaches must not actively solicit the services of a Player from another Club.
- Managers must make every effort to inform a Player's "Old Club" of the change of Club registration.
- Playing Unregistered or Over-Aged Players will incur a sanction of at least 2 points per offence and may incur games to be forfeit.
- Please add New Players to your original SquadReg Form and re-submit.
- DO NOT submit multiple SquadRegForms with only one or two players on them - this makes extra work for League Volunteers.
2. Queries on RFU Youth Registrations...
...including Dual Registrations for players playing Senior Rugby at another Club should be directed to the RFU Player Registrations Officer.
See also... Age-Grade Registrations...
3. Player Registration Window...
- The Colts League's Player Registration Window closes on 28th February each season. Players changing Clubs cannot be registered with a Colts League Team after this date unless granted a special dispensation by the League.
- New players to the Game or to an area may be permitted to register after this date on application to the League. Such applications should be made by email to your League Secretary.
- Such New Players must not be fielded until approval has been given by the League.